About Gulf Coast MakerCon 2014
LI4E hosted Tampa Bay’s first maker festival in 2012. With the success of the 2nd annual event in March 2013, and the development of the LI4E Community Innovation Center, a bigger community celebration was clearly in order. So in October 2013, LI4E announced MakerCon,a two day innovators festival with an emphasis on technical, creative and professional exhibits, workshops and sessions covering everything from patent development and the inventive process, to 3D printing, programming, mechanical and electrical design, green tech and open source technologies
Gulf Coast MakerCon will provide added value for adult attendees, with a special Young Makers section for kids and families, as well. There will be a wide variety of creative and interactive vendors, exhibitors, and entertainment that includes everything from robotics and metalsmithing, to recycled instruments, ham radio, RC modeling, automotive tech, gaming, inventions, innovations, future tech and much more.
Ways to Participate
Exhibitors of both educational and commercial natures must fit our celebratory spirit of innovation and inventiveness. We’re looking for Makers who provide interesting, interactive, and engaging experiences and innovative wares. The whole idea of Gulf Coast MakerCon is to help educate, inspire and motivate event goers to become active and empowered makers in their own lives.
Individuals as well as groups such as hobbyist clubs and schools are welcome to apply to exhibit. Here’s some of what we’re looking for:
- Student Projects
- Music Performance and Participation
- 3D Printers and CNC Mill
- Textile Arts and Crafts
- Home Energy Monitoring
- RC Toys
- Green Tech
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Electric Vehicles
- Biology/Biotech and Chemistry Projects
- Food and Beverage Makers
- Shelter (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Unusual Tools or Machines
- How to Fix Things or Take them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)
- Earlybird registration runs through Feb. 28th and is just $30 for a Family/Friend 4 pack or $15 per person, for both days. Individual advanced tickets for children ages 5-12 are just $8 for both days. Children under age 5 are free!
- Advance sales run Feb. 28th through April 3rd,and for a Family/Friend Pack Tickets for four are $40 for the weekend, individual tickets for adults are $18 and $10 for children for both days.
- Ticket costs at the gate, the day of the event, will be $15/day adults (13+); $8/day for kids ages 5-12.
Interested in Volunteering at Gulf Coast MakerCon 2014? Volunteers giving at least 4 hours of service each day receive an event t-shirt, two extra tickets and the knowledge that they helped Make an awesome event! Click the button to sign up!
Be a Sponsor!
Gulf Coast MakerCon provides a powerful and meaningful way to connect with hundreds of curious, creative and innovative individuals who are looking for exciting and interesting products, services, ideas and opportunities. Sponsors can leverage the energy and interconnectedness of our active onsite and social networking audiences and engage this energetic audience with their businesses and services. A wide range of sponsorship packages is available, and we are happy to tailor something special to meet your needs. Sponsor recognition is available for donors of $200 and up. Our basic package will be posted soon.
Questions or comments about Gulf Coast MakerCon? Drop us a line via our online contact form. Thanks!