Gulf Coast MakerCon 2015, is our 4th Annual Celebration of the DIY Inventive Spirit!
- Date: April 18, 2015
- Times: 9am to 6pm
- Location: Florida Center at the Florida State Fairgrounds, 4800 US-301, Tampa, FL 33610
- Costs: Early Bird Specials run through midnight March 31: $8 per person, ages 13 and up. $25 for a Family/Friend 4-pack (Early Bird special only!). Tickets for children ages 6-12 are $5. Advanced tickets available April 1-April 17: $10 per person, ages 13 and up. $8 for children ages 6-12 . Prices at the door, the day of the event: $12 per person, ages 13 and up. $10 for children ages 6-12. Children 5 and under are always free!
The event features technical, creative and professional exhibits, workshops and sessions covering everything from patent development and the inventive process, to 3D printing, programming, mechanical and electrical design, green tech and open source technologies, and much more!
It’s free for demo and educational exhibits, or to showcase skills and talents, $50 to sell wares (through March 15, then $75 through April 1 for remaining spaces). All exhibit spaces are a generous 10′ x 10′.
Educational and commercial exhibitors must fit our celebratory spirit of innovation and inventiveness, and provide interesting, interactive, and engaging experiences and innovative wares. Individuals as well as groups such as hobbyist clubs and schools are welcome to apply to exhibit. Here’s some of what we look for each year:
- Student Projects
- Music Performance
- 3D Printers and CNC Mill
- Textile Arts and Crafts
- Home Energy Monitoring
- RC Toys
- Green Tech
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Electric Vehicles
- Biology/Biotech and Chemistry Projects
- Food and Beverage Makers
- Shelter (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Unusual Tools or Machines
- How to Fix Things or Take them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)
Early Bird Specials run through midnight March 31: $8 per person, ages 13 and up. $25 for a Family/Friend 4-pack (Early Bird special only!). Tickets for children ages 6-12 are $5.
Advanced tickets available April 1-April 17: $10 per person, ages 13 and up. $8 for children ages 6-12 .
Prices at the door, the day of the event: $12 per person, ages 13 and up. $10 for children ages 6-12.
Interested in Volunteering at Gulf Coast MakerCon 2015? Volunteers giving at least 4 hours of service each day receive an event t-shirt, two extra tickets and the knowledge that they helped Make an awesome event! Click the button to get on our list for next year!
Gulf Coast MakerCon provides a powerful and meaningful way to connect with hundreds of curious, creative and innovative individuals who are looking for exciting and interesting products, services, ideas and opportunities. Sponsors can leverage the energy and interconnectedness of our active onsite and social networking audiences and engage this energetic audience with their businesses and services. A wide range of sponsorship packages is available, and we are happy to tailor something special to meet your needs. Sponsor recognition is available for donors of $200 and up. Visit our Sponsor Page for details.
And complete the form below to get on our mailing list or for more information.