Our 2016 Gulf Coast MakerCon event program is now available for your browsing – and downloading – pleasure!
See the event layout, and check out our great list of exhibitors by booth number in the program or in this separate MakerCon Exhibitor Directory.
We’ve got awesome vendors with everything from handmade custom jewelry to upcycled sculptures, and 2D and 3D art, as well as costuming and other accessories. And we’ve got some great Maker Sessions scheduled at our stage area and exhibitor booths, as well as ongoing activities, competitions and programs in different areas throughout the day, including
- AlligatorZone, with a Conversation with inventor Ron Klein and presentation on BioScanR
- Electrathon of Tampa Bay races in the morning and afternoon
- Southeast Combot Championship all day
- FIRST teams exhibit with both FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST Robotics Competition field displays
- Armada Games Gaming EXPO with tabletop games & Gamers on the Edge video game experiences
- The Deconstruction Zone, hosted by e-Smart Recycling, for kids of all ages to experience the Joy of Taking Things Apart
- Tampa Drones FPV Experience
- Dr. Who’s Wars Mashup Laser Tag, by Night Heron Productions
Plus ongoing activities at Makespace booths, Heritage Crafters like the Florida Artist Blacksmiths Association, Amateur Radio exhibit and much more.
And don’t forget our inaugural Gulf Coast MakerCon Costume Plank Walk, inviting everyone to get their Make on with their most creative costuming! We have two categories: Steampunk and Maker Mashup (everything else!). Register by noon at the event, at the designated table, and get ready to strut your stuff at 3pm by the stage area.
So look over the program and directory, and plan out your day to make the most of the 5th Annual Gulf Coast MakerCon Celebration of the DIY Inventive Spirit!
Many thanks to Mity Mo Creative for making our event program look fantastic, and to Sonic Print for their very generous in-kind support with programs and event signage! Gulf Coast MakerCon wouldn’t be possible without the community minded support of the great individuals and companies that believe in the power and worth of our Gulf Coast Maker Community. Please consider them for your website design and printing needs year round!