How much fabric do you need to make a pillow case?
A finished standard pillowcase should measure about 22.5 inches by 31.5 inches, allowing for fill depth, seaming and an approximate 4-inch hem. One yard of 45-inch-wide fabric should be enough to make one standard case, if the material is preshrunk.
How much fabric do I need to make 2 pillowcases?
To make 2 pillowcases, you need:
- 2 yards (1.9 meters) of fabric for standard & queen size pillowcases (20″ x 30″).
- 2.5 yards (2.3 meters) of fabric for king size pillowcases (20″ x 40″).
What materials do you need to make a pillow case?
Top 5 Materials Used for Pillowcases
- Cotton. One of the most popular pillowcase materials is cotton. …
- Nylon. Another common pillowcase fabric, nylon is typically made to look like silk. …
- Linen. Linen is a high quality, natural flax product that is no longer produced in quantity. …
- Satin. …
What size are pillow cases?
What size is a standard pillowcase? A standard size pillowcase measures 20 inches by 26 inches (51 cm by 56 cm).
How much fabric do I need for a 12×12 pillow?
If you just want 2 pillows, 0.9 yards (0.9 meters) is enough. If your fabric is 58″ wide (1.47 meters), you’ll need 0.9 yards (0.9 meters) to make 4 12×12″ pillows. If you only want 2 pillows, 0.5 yards (0.5 meters) is enough.
How much bigger should a pillowcase be than the pillow?
Opt for a pillowcase measuring 1/2 to 1 inch longer than the pillow length and 2 1/2 to 4 inches wider than the pillow width, if you’re buying a ready-made pillowcase.
What fabric is used for pillow covers?
Some, like silk, cashmere, nylon, and linen, are more likely to be found in the pillow case than on the pillow itself. The more common pillow cover fabrics, in a survey of bed pillows on Amazon, are cotton, polycotton, and bamboo rayon. Also named are polyester, microfiber, and fleece.
Which material is best for pillow?
A pillow may comprise the below materials.
- Microfiber. Microfiber pillows contain fine strands of synthetic material such as polyester or nylon. …
- Feather down. Down is a filling consisting of feathers. …
- Memory foam. This synthetic foam aims to conform to the shape of the body. …
- Wool and cotton. …
What size pillow is 20×30?
Queen Size. Queen pillows are slightly longer than a standard pillow, with a typical measurement of 20″ x 30″. They’re designed so that when side-by-side, they are the perfect width for a queen bed.
Is a standard pillowcase the same as a queen?
A Small Difference
Measuring 20-by-30 inches, queen pillows are a scant 4 inches longer than standard pillows, which measure 20-by-26 inches. You won’t need to buy bigger pillowcases, though, since standard and queen pillows fit into the same-size cases.